The thirtieth Grand Worldwide Wine Award just lately organized by MUNDUS VINI awarded 3,022 wines from a complete of 42 wine-growing nations, with Champagne alone bringing house 6 of the ten Grand Gold medals awarded to France.
In complete, the worldwide jury of consultants awarded 43 Grand Gold, 1,685 Gold, and 1,294 Silver medals to the perfect wines of the MUNDUS VINI Spring blind tasting.
Italy leads the highest 5 winemaking nations, profitable a complete of 5 Grand Gold, 364 Gold, and 364 Silver medals. They’re adopted by Spain (7 Grand Gold, 362 Gold, 298 Silver) and Portugal (5 Grand Gold, 186 Gold, 123 Silver). The High 5 is accomplished by France (10 Grand Gold, 173 Gold, 109 Silver) and Germany (1 Grand Gold, 116 Gold, 91 Silver).
Within the Champagne part, the Grand Gold medals had been awarded to:
- Uncommon Champagne Rosé Millésime 2012 (Better of Present Champagne Classic Rosé)
- Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millénaires 2007 (Better of Present Champagne Blanc de Blancs)
- Alfred Gratien Brut Millésime 2007
- Alfred Gratien Cuvée Paradis 2013 (Better of Present Champagne Classic)
- Legras & Haas Les Sillons 2015
- Mandois Vieilles Vignes Victor Brut 2012
You’ll be able to see the complete checklist of Gold and Silver medals awards to champagnes right here: https://www.meininger.de/wein-suche?search_api_fulltext=&fpercent5B0percent5D=wein_growing_areapercent3AChampagne&web page=0