New York, New York: Chemo Consolation, an all-volunteer run group based in 2003 by three-time most cancers survivor Anne Marie Paolucci, supplies most cancers sufferers with kits of merchandise to assist handle chemotherapy’s uncomfortable side effects. Ms. Paolucci’s mission comes from private expertise: “Beginning chemotherapy is a daunting expertise. We’re saying to sufferers ‘Here’s a field of instruments put collectively by somebody who’s been there. Know that you’re not alone and these instruments will show you how to deal with your self throughout this tough journey.’ ” Ms. Paolucci was a NY1 New Yorker of the Week.
Chemo Consolation is holding our ninth annual Cocktails for Consolation fundraising marketing campaign October 6-15, 2023. Sixteen institutions throughout New York Metropolis and New Jersey are taking part by creating signature cocktails for his or her patrons with proceeds donated to Chemo Consolation to assist our applications. We’re extremely honored that these bars and eating places are taking part. The previous few years have been brutal for his or her trade and their beneficiant participation in our charity occasion is deeply transferring.
From Members: Alexis, Artwork Bar’s supervisor, has had private expertise with the group: “The Chemo Consolation Equipment offered me with important and really helpful gadgets and data whereas I used to be present process chemotherapy. The equipment was thoughtfully put collectively and offered a lot wanted consolation throughout a tough and scary time. I’ve since bought a number of kits for pals and family members who have been equally grateful for the Consolation they supply! I’m thrilled that Artwork Bar is as soon as once more ready assist this glorious trigger!!”
“The Bravo bars are owned and operated by a breast most cancers thriver who makes lemons into lemonade day by day for her company whereas dwelling her greatest life!” — Kate Buenaflor Dillon, Proprietor Echo Bravo and Kilo Bravo
About Chemo Consolation – Chemo Consolation is a 501(c) 3 non-profit group devoted to bettering the standard of lifetime of most cancers sufferers present process chemotherapy. The group distributes kits stuffed with merchandise to assist handle nausea, mouth sores and hair loss, amongst different uncomfortable side effects of chemotherapy. There are additionally “really feel good” gadgets reminiscent of a sleep cap, heat socks, meditation CD, e book, journal and useful hints from the founder about combatting uncomfortable side effects of chemo. Roughly 75% of kits distributed yearly are donated, primarily to sufferers in want throughout the larger New York space, by means of associate organizations reminiscent of CancerCare, Most cancers Help Workforce and the Phyllis Newman Girls’s Well being Initiative on the Actors’ Fund. Chemo Consolation is a seven-time grantee of Susan G. Komen® Higher NYC and has acquired basis assist from the Kite Key and Landegger Foundations. In suggestions varieties, 100% of equipment recipients state they’d suggest a Chemo Consolation equipment to somebody present process chemotherapy.
Cocktails for Consolation Members
October 6-15, 2023
- Artwork Bar 52 Eighth Ave; 212-727-0244; artbar.com
- Cellar Canine 75 Christopher St; 212-675-6056; cellar.canine
- Cowgirl 519 Hudson St (@tenth St); 212-633-1133; cowgirlnyc.com
- The Lifeless Poet 450 Amsterdam Ave; 212-595-5670; TheDeadPoet.com
- Draught 55 245 East fifty fifth St; 212-300-4096; draught55.com
- 54 Beneath 254 W 54th St, Cellar; 646-476-3551; 54Below.com Greenwich St Tavern 399 Greenwich St; 212-334-7827; gsttribeca.com Madam Mikette’s 987 Second Ave; 347-379-1381; madammikettes.com
- Sutton Bar Room 1074 First Ave; 212-980-9850; suttonbarroom.com
- the Wayland 700 East ninth St; 212-777-7022; thewaylandnyc.com
- Doublé 1332 Halsey St; doublebk.com
- Echo Bravo 445 Troutman St; 347-542-4177; bravobarparty.com Kilo Bravo 180 North tenth St; 347-987-4379; bravobarparty.com The Canary 789 Franklin Ave; 347-221-0881; thecanarybk.com The Depraved Monk 9510 third Ave; 347-497-5152; wickedmonk.com
- Stingray Lounge 1210 Washington St, Hoboken NJ; 201-683-6030; stingrayloungehoboken.com (kindly providing 10% off total invoice with occasion postcard and buy of occasion cocktail)
Many venues have a virgin model of the occasion cocktail.
Members are donating 20%-100% of cocktail value, relying on venue.
Members topic to vary, so please verify the web site for up-to-date places and cocktail data chemocomfort.org
Chemo Consolation serves all most cancers sufferers present process chemotherapy. October (Breast Most cancers Consciousness Month) is particular to the group because the founder is a two-time breast most cancers survivor.
To rejoice, we invite you to Elevate Spirits Collectively with Chemo Consolation.
Please go to our web site (www.chemocomfort.org) for a more in-depth take a look at the group.