This Taproom Suggestions workshop was introduced at CiderCon 2023 by Katie Black and Megan MacLean and it’s filled with data!
On this episode
- A 4 prong method to model identification
- How to reply to taproom opinions
- 3 key components when constructing tradition for a taproom
- Hiring suggestions and coaching suggestions
- The timeline of a tasting room
- Recruiting methods and coaching
- Interview suggestions from Meghan
- Integrating future development in your design
- Draft methods
- The “secret” dishwasher
- Sprucing your glassware – do you’ve area?
- Cider cocktails arrange
- The circulate behind the bar design
- Bogs design
- In home residencies – meals vans distributors
- Bar Bible and what it ought to have
Who’s Katie Black?
Katie entered the CiderCon® world in 2021 as of the primary Kulture scholarship recipients. Her countless love for fermentation & product growth peaked her curiosity on fruited ferments.
She calls the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountain city of Asheville, North Carolina residence. Right here, she additionally graduated from the Craft Beverage Institute of the Southeast with a Brewing, Distillation, & Fermentation diploma.
Consulting has been a part of the final 6 years for Katie in numerous realms of enterprise, with a main focus within the meals & beverage world. Nearly all of her expertise began throughout the brewing business; from enterprise openings, administration, & even working her method into the cellar. This landed her with reopening & rebranding the unique taproom at Artifact Cider Mission. Earlier than that, you may discover her working for DSSOLVR brewing and spending sunrises harvesting within the mountains. She at the moment is working as an assistant distiller on the notable amaro distillery, Eda Rhyne.
Who’s Megan MacLean?
Megan MacLean is a hospitality operations advisor with 14 years of expertise in eating places and taprooms. She makes a speciality of non-public occasions, recruiting, coaching packages, folks administration, and operational system design. Most lately, Megan served because the hospitality director for Artifact Cider Mission. She has since launched a solo consulting enterprise, aimed toward bettering the business she has come to know and love. Megan lives in Boston and travels extensively, working with shoppers all around the nation.
Mentions on this Chat
- Grafting Workshop at Brook Farm Orchard, Ashfield Massachusetts April 15, 2023 1-3 pm
- Canuck Cider Cup – entries in by April 21, 2023
- Revolution won’t be Pasteurized – Ross on Wye Cider and Perry Co. 2023 keg tour
- Fermentis – Yeast and Fermentation Options for Cidermakers.
Assist Assist Cider ChatPlease donate as we speak. Assist maintain the chat thriving!
Discover this episode and all episodes on the web page for Cider Chat’s podcasts.
Haven’t downloaded this episode but? Right here it’s once more in your listening pleasure.